Deco X50-DSL with Germany's 1&1 (1und1) ISP

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X50-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

Has anyone figured how to get the internet going with Germany's 1&1 (1und1) ISP using the Deco X50-DSL? The ISP is auto-detected as "1&1_ADSL" (region is Germany) and I've tried PPPoE using the user & password 1&1 had given me but it's just not working - I'm getting a solid red light. Called 1&1 customer support but they only help with FritzBox equipment. I've attached the logs if it's of any help.

File:
log-2023-07-18.zipDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X50-DSL with Germany's 1&1 (1und1) ISP
2 weeks ago

@dsakd 

Hi,

If the FritzBox have WIFI function and you connect the main Deco to the FritzBox, then please set up internet connection type as dynamic IP.

You can also call TP-Link local support to help you set up the Deco devices.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine There is no FritzBox as the TP-Link is a modem & router 2-in-1 (X50-DSL).

Options
2 weeks ago

@dsakd 

Hi,

Please change the DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

If other devices can get internet normally with the PPPoE username and password, you can also do MAC clone for the Deco device.

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options