Slow Speeds on Deco X20 (AX1800) Mesh System - Help Needed!

2 недель назад
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Hi everyone,

I’m experiencing some issues with my TP-Link Deco X20 (AX1800) Whole Home Mesh WiFi system, and I’m hoping someone here might be able to help.

Here’s my setup:

1. Main Deco Unit: This is connected directly to my ISP’s router via Ethernet. I have a 1Gbps fiber internet connection.
  2. Second Deco Unit: Placed on the other side of the house, this unit connects to the main unit through WiFi.
  3. Third Deco Unit: Located upstairs, this unit is connected to the main Deco via Ethernet.

Despite having a 1Gbps fiber connection, I’m only getting around 100Mbps through all Deco units, whether connected via WiFi or Ethernet. I’ve double-checked the following:

• QoS Settings: Set to 1024 Mbps in the Deco app.
  • Firmware: All Deco units are up-to-date.
  • ISP Router: I’ve confirmed that the router itself is delivering close to 1Gbps speeds when I test directly with a wired connection.

I've tried restarting the Deco units and the ISP router, as well as resetting the network setup, but the speed remains capped at around 100Mbps.

Is there something I’m missing here, or could there be an issue with my Deco units? Any suggestions on what else I can check or try?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow Speeds on Deco X20 (AX1800) Mesh System - Help Needed!
2 недель назад

@Hazzy671 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

It seems like the internet connection speed between the ISP router and main Deco X20 was capped at 100mbps.

Here are some suggestions:

1. please replace the internet cable between ISP router and main Deco X20.

2. connect the ISP router to another Ethernet port on the Deco X20.

3. set a different Deco as the main Deco-How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

By the way, would there be any notice on the Deco APP, such as "Abnormal WAN speed"?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 73

Replies: 1

Related Articles