M5 (with X50) and advanced features (IoT network, device isolation, connection preference)

M5 (with X50) and advanced features (IoT network, device isolation, connection preference)

a week ago
Model: Deco   Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:
Hi,

I have mesh network made of 3 deco X50 V1 with special IoT network for my IoT devices and I've been using features like signal preference, connection preference and device isolation.

When I added one E4 deco (to the room where the signal was unstable) I lost features like connection preference and devices isolation within the whole network as well as the ability to add devices to IoT network.

Now I'm thinking to buy M5 v3 for that room and garage, but I don't want to loose advanced features on my whole mesh network.

Can you please confirm that Deco M5 supports IoT network, device isolation and connection preference and that I wont loose advanced features on my X50 mesh network.

Thank you.

Regards,

Lorena
Options
2 Reply
Re:M5 (with X50) and advanced features (IoT network, device isolation, connection preference)
a week ago

@Lorena0505 

Hi,

Deco M5 have repleased new firmware and now supports connection preference and IOT network.

But it does not support device isolation at present.

You can check the supported models here. How to set up Device Isolation on a TP-Link Router/Deco

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:M5 (with X50) and advanced features (IoT network, device isolation, connection preference)
a week ago

@Sunshine 

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

However, I have one more question. 

If I have already established devices isolation on my main x50 mesh network and now I add M5 that doesn't support this feature, what happens with the devices that I have already isolated?

Will it erase already isolated devices or I just won't be able to isolate new devices that I add after adding M5?

Thanks,

Lorena

Options