TP Link Mesh network and MS Teams issue

a week ago
Model: Deco M9 Plus   Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all

Having an issue with our mesh network. I have 3x M9 Plus and 1x M5 units. One of the M9's are the master. These are all connected via wireless apart from one (not the master) which connects via ethernet to the 4G router.

So all other services work perfectly fine (Netflix, Disney, gaming, browsing, etc) but when it comes to Teams, we regularly experience bad call quality. When the laptop is connected via ethernet cable directly to the router, no issues at all. Its just when connecting via the wireless mesh network. The two offices are connected to M9 units whereas the living rooms connect to the M5.

Version details:

M9+ (outdoor office + 4G router) - F/W 1.2.11 Build 20190926 rel. 55727

M9+ (office - upstairs) - F/W 1.2.11 Build 20190926 rel. 55727

M9+ (kitchen [master unit] - downstairs) - F/W 1.6.3 build 20231225 rel. 60770

M5 (living room - downstairs) - F/W 1.7.8 build 20240719 rel. 70981

I also noticed that all clients seem to show that they are connected all to the master unit in the kitchen? I.E. there is a Sonos speaker in each office but those are both registered on the Kitchen / master unit? Or is that normal?

Any advice on what could be the issue? Or what needs to be changed/added in settings somewhere?!

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP Link Mesh network and MS Teams issue
a week ago

Anyone from TP-Link able to help on this?

Options
a week ago

@simonintheuk 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is suggested to update the firmware of Deco M9 plus to the latest 1.6.4 version first:

How to Update the Firmware of Deco--(method 3)

After that, it is suggested to refer to Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
a week ago

Hi  @David-TP 

Thanks for the reply..

I have updated all three M9+ to the lastest firmware.

With regards to this link:

• I have disabled beamforming (fastroaming was already disabled)
  • Deco unit is already set as an access point
  • Firmware updated
  • "Turn off mesh technology on the device" - I don't know how to do this? And surely this is the point of having the Deco setups? How will each unit connect to the router? (Apart from the one that is connected via ethernet)
  • "Enable QoS for live streaming and put the device in to high-priority" - I don't know how to do this?! Can you advise on how to do this on TP Link devices?!

I am also not sure how the links to Google Nest Wifi or Netgear Orbi are supposed to help? The Google link just goes to the high level forum site and the Netgear link goes to a specific post regarding a netgear problem a user is having which non of those recommendations or settings are the same as TP Link?!

Will move the laptop back to wireless today and see if there is any change on Teams calls after the few changes.. But as it was really intermittent (some days worse than others), it might take a while to see if it has worked..

Options
Monday

@David-TP Further update, still having bad quality on Teams call after the recommendations (apart from the two points I outlined in my previous post).. Do you have any further tips to try and sort this out?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 79

Replies: 4

Related Articles