BE65 repeatedly drops 160mhz to 80mhz on 5ghz

Wednesday
Model: Deco BE65  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hi,

I decided to try the BE65 again as they were on sale. However, they keep downgrading 160 MHz to 80 MHz on 5 GHz due to detected radar signals. 

I have a pair of eero Max 7's and have been using them since April. They never move of 160 MHz. 

The BE65's are great for size and range. I have 4 of them spread around my house. But I can't keep them with the constant downgrade in channel width happening. It's slows down 5ghz and MLO. 

There has been no firmware update since March 2024. Is there something wrong with these to downgrade channel width repeatedly? Again, my Eeros do not experience this. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:BE65 repeatedly drops 160mhz to 80mhz on 5ghz
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@winsor50 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback. I think it is crucial for Deco to be more cautious of DFS detection. After all, it is against the local wireless regulation if the router doesn't avoid co-channel operation with systems that predate Wi-Fi, such as military radar, satellite communication, and weather radar.

By the way, How frequently did you receive radar detection notifications on the Deco app?

Best regards.

Options
Re:BE65 repeatedly drops 160mhz to 80mhz on 5ghz
Yesterday

@David-TP  after days of operating at 160 MHz uninterrupted, now I cannot keep it running at 160 MHz. Each time I go in the app for the fir

David-TP wrote

@winsor50 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback. I think it is crucial for Deco to be more cautious of DFS detection. After all, it is against the local wireless regulation if the router doesn't avoid co-channel operation with systems that predate Wi-Fi, such as military radar, satellite communication, and weather radar.

By the way, How frequently did you receive radar detection notifications on the Deco app?

Best regards.

st time after changing it back it's on 80 MHz. It never auto changes overnight unless it does and then is reverted again. 

Options