I have 2 hs-200 in the same box,wifi problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-24 17:00:43 - last edited 2018-12-24 17:02:46

Excuse my English is not very good 

I need help, I have 2 switch HS-200, I connect the 2 interupteur the same way,
there is 1 current to supply the 2 interrupters.
1 black live
1 black at live light
1 white to white all together
1 green on the ground
once all plug in I put the power, I configure the first all is well, I come to configure the second, I'm not wifi signal on the plug (the logo on the switch).
I turn on the first interupteur and here is the logo wifi appears, so I configure the second interupteur, and all is ok.
So I test and voila the problem, when I close the first interupteur, I lose the signal wifi for the second switch, I must turn on the first switch and the signal come back.???????
Thanks in advance

Options
2 Reply
Re:I have 2 hs-200 in the same box,wifi problem
2018-12-25 08:02:57

Hi There,

Let me confirm some information.

Actually the two switch has already been setup successfully and you can control it by Kasa APP.

But if you are close to first switch,you will lose the Wi-Fi for the second switch? I am confused about this point, do you mean the light on the switch will be off?

Normally, the default tplinksmart switch wifi will show up only when the light is flashing amber and green. If it's already setup successful, the default wifi will disappear.

Thanks

Options
Re:I have 2 hs-200 in the same box,wifi problem
2019-01-02 19:00:54

Sound like you are powering the second switch with the load line from the first switch?

for your setup you should have 2 lights 

1 separate load wire for each light 

1 live wire that can be shared for all switches 

1 neutral wire that can be shared for all switches 

1 ground wire that can be shared for all the switches

you may need to go back to the original set up befor you put the smart ones in and confirm which wire goes to where then makesure you are match up correctly with the new ones

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 915

Replies: 2