How to turn off remote control hs220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-13 00:30:23

There is not an option it seems to disable remote control on the hs220, like there is on the hs200. 

Am I misisng something?  How do I disable remote control? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to turn off remote control hs220
2019-01-15 06:30:51

Hi,

Remote control for HS220 is enabled by default after it's connected to internet. Cannot disable it.

Options
2019-10-02 04:42:31

Hello @Kevin_Z !

I've been using and promoting TP-Link smart bulbs and smart plugs for years. I just bought a new bulb and found that now the remote access cannot be disabled when you enable it!

This is a major drawback for these products! What can I do to disable remote access again?

I'm using homeassistant and everything is controlled from my home. I don't want to expose services to the cloud as packets can get hijacked in the way to your servers and somebody from outside can get access to my devices!

Please give us the choice so we continue buying and using your products, otherwise we'll have to start working with alternatives.

Luar Roji

Options
2019-10-02 12:27:43
You may want to use a firewall to block them from reaching the internet. Disabling remote access prevents YOU from reaching them remotely, but won't stop the device from calling out to Kasa's servers and giving them access. I haven't looked much at how the devices call back to Kasa, but I do know they make plenty of calls to NTP servers all over the world regardless of whether remote access is enabled.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1225

Replies: 3