Kasa to send a push notification when Smart Plug turns on or off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-15 17:52:25 - last edited 2021-03-23 05:54:49

I do have the HS100 connected with the Kasa app. I use it for programming the crockpot on and off. I’m missing the push notifications, to be sent wether the plug is turned on or off, to know that it’s working. 

I usually use the counter option as well, and again, I don’t receive any notification when the counter ends and switches off the plug.

Is this something that you have on the roadmap? I know that Wemo offers this feature.

Thanks,

Alex

Options
5 Reply
Re:Kasa to send a push notification when Smart Plug turns on or off
2020-08-07 05:47:32 - last edited 2021-03-23 05:54:49

@alexbarreras 

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

You could refer to this link to set up Kasa devices with IFTTT:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2426/

Thank you~blush

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2020-12-11 16:49:24 - last edited 2021-03-23 05:54:49

Well what I am interested in, is that when a connected device to smart plug starts operating to get a push message that is on and also off.I find this feature useful as for example when you have a pump in basement and  get notified when it starts meaning that there is a flood.Wemo has this feature included in their software.

Options
2020-12-15 06:45:35 - last edited 2021-03-23 05:54:49

@Cvts_007. 

Hello, thanks a lot for your valued suggestion.

There are currently not any plans to eventually add the support for the feature you requested, but we do agree that this would be great features to have.

This will be forwarded as a feature request to our developers for consideration. Thank you again for your feedback.

Good days.

Options
2021-04-03 01:14:08

@Kevin_Z 

"There are currently not any plans to eventually add the support for the feature you requested, but we do agree that this would be great features to have."

And by "great features" you mean BASIC functionality, right?  How disappointing to learn these devices lack this very BASIC functionality.  

I turned off my aquarium pump last night for a quick water change.  I forgot to turn it on.  Yes, I know, my fault.  My fish were struggling this morning.  I thought, wow, how cool would it be if the smart strip controlling the pump had an alert since, you know, the company knows these are used for aquariums (assumption based on the fact you have an aquarium as one of your icons).  Power failure is a fish-keeper's worst nightmare.  Alerts could mean the difference between life and death.

I am going to look into other smart controllers for my aquariums.  I am supremely disappointed in the lack of the functionality and your response.   

Options
2021-04-03 17:41:17

@Jellybean 

Not sure if this would work, but could you just set up a recurring "turn on" schedule for, say, four times a day.  If it's already on, then nothing happens, but if it's off, then it turns back on?

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 6668

Replies: 5