Smart plug schedule stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-02 13:43:56 - last edited 2019-04-04 09:57:40
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have several of these plugs and all at once they have stopped working from the scheduler. I can turn them off and on via the app . They also work by voice via an Amazon Echo.

i have deleted each plug from the app and reset it , still nothing . I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it , still nothing. 

Im running the latest firmware, anyone any idea what to do next?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Smart plug schedule stopped working-Solution
2019-04-04 01:54:24 - last edited 2019-04-04 09:57:40

Scotia wrote

I’ve start all over again. Got one to work by putting the time on the Kasa app to gmt +1 . Now the device time is the same as my app & iPad .
I did a factory reset on the 2nd device.. followed the instructions and the device is 3 1/2 ours out (slow) I can’t find a way to change the device time (I’ve gone it settings and sync location & time)

im using iOS 12.2 .. the smart plugs are firmware 1.2.5 , hardware 1.0

Hi,

Please try to change the timezone to Europe/London and give it a go.

Meanwhile, you can reboot / power cycle the smart plug as well.

Any updates, just let me know. 

Good  day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Smart plug schedule stopped working
2019-04-03 03:00:02

Hi,

What is the current timezone of the kasa APP?

You can go to settings-location and Time page to verify it; Besides, you can change it to another one and change it back.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2323/

After that, please check the whether the schedule takes effect normally. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/947/ 

If still the same, please tell me the below information. including hardware and firmware version, kasa app version and your phone OS version.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Smart plug schedule stopped working
2019-04-03 11:01:08 - last edited 2019-04-03 11:24:46

I’ve start all over again. Got one to work by putting the time on the Kasa app to gmt +1 . Now the device time is the same as my app & iPad .
I did a factory reset on the 2nd device.. followed the instructions and the device is 3 1/2 ours out (slow) I can’t find a way to change the device time (I’ve gone it settings and sync location & time)

Options
Re:Re:Smart plug schedule stopped working-Solution
2019-04-04 01:54:24 - last edited 2019-04-04 09:57:40

Scotia wrote

Hi,

Please try to change the timezone to Europe/London and give it a go.

Meanwhile, you can reboot / power cycle the smart plug as well.

Any updates, just let me know. 

Good  day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Smart plug schedule stopped working
2019-04-04 06:51:52

That worked , I stumbled across this answer yesterday. I signed in with a new email address and this defaulted to London/Europe. So I signed in with the original email and changed location to to the same. All seems good now.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Smart plug schedule stopped working
2019-04-04 08:23:18

Great to know that works finally. Congrats. 

And thanks for your feedback. 

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Smart plug schedule stopped working
2019-04-05 15:50:17
This post may have worked for me. Following the time change to BST my schedule stopped working. Following this post, I checked the Time/Location within the KASA app and there were no entries. Put in the correct info. Did this remotely, so will check later when I get home. Thanks Kevin_Z
Options
Re:Re:Re:Smart plug schedule stopped working
2019-04-05 19:14:41

Hi  Bob, glad to help you.

Just take your time to test it, any updates, just post there. 

BobTP wrote

This post may have worked for me. Following the time change to BST my schedule stopped working. Following this post, I checked the Time/Location within the KASA app and there were no entries. Put in the correct info. Did this remotely, so will check later when I get home. Thanks Kevin_Z

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2203

Replies: 7