KC200 Rich Notifications and 1 other question....

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-04 13:12:29
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.19

Hello all, I have 2 questions on my new KC200 outdoor camera. 

1) Is there any way to have rich notifications on Android for motion detection?  For instance, being able to see a screenshot or a motion screenshot of what was happening during the notification event?  My parents have a Nest cameras, and everytime an event happens it includes a screenshot/video of the event in the notification.  That way you can get an idea of what is happening without actually going into the app to view the camera. Has anyone heard if this is something they are working on?  Seems like a key feature if you ask me.  

2) Are they planning on offering a live view for multiple cameras at once?  When I go to the cameras tab in the app it only shows a screenshot of the camera and not a live view.  Nest offers live view of all cameras in the first screen of the app.  Its really great.  Also along with this, it would be nice if I could do this in a browser on my computer.  Nest has all of these features and I was hopeing this product would be somewhat in parity with Nest.  

Let me know if you guys know anything that I dont.  Thanks!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:KC200 Rich Notifications and 1 other question....
2019-04-10 07:48:21

Hi,

First, the notification will include a video of the event, so that you can get an idea of what is happening at that time. 

Meanwhile, we cannot live view multiple cameras at once, the kasa app lists every single device, and you need tab on it to check/live view the video or so. While I do think it is great if we can view all of them together. And it is not available for a computer yet; We will forward it to our R&D colleagues and they will work on it and evaluate the feasibility.

Good day. 

drewskee wrote

Hello all, I have 2 questions on my new KC200 outdoor camera. 

1) Is there any way to have rich notifications on Android for motion detection?  For instance, being able to see a screenshot or a motion screenshot of what was happening during the notification event?  My parents have a Nest cameras, and everytime an event happens it includes a screenshot/video of the event in the notification.  That way you can get an idea of what is happening without actually going into the app to view the camera. Has anyone heard if this is something they are working on?  Seems like a key feature if you ask me.  

2) Are they planning on offering a live view for multiple cameras at once?  When I go to the cameras tab in the app it only shows a screenshot of the camera and not a live view.  Nest offers live view of all cameras in the first screen of the app.  Its really great.  Also along with this, it would be nice if I could do this in a browser on my computer.  Nest has all of these features and I was hopeing this product would be somewhat in parity with Nest.  

Let me know if you guys know anything that I dont.  Thanks!!

Options
Re:KC200 Rich Notifications and 1 other question....
2019-12-14 16:52:40
Regarding use in a browser, in order to use on my PC I use BlueStacks to run an android emulation on my PC then run Kasa app on BlueStacks, works well and can also run other android apps.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1083

Replies: 2