Cannot get Kasa to configure HS100 or LB100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-16 00:22:28
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1

Hello

I am unable to get the Kasa app to pair with the above Socket and also a LB100

I have a note 9 with the latest Kasa installed,  I Click on add device and select Smart Plug HS/100/HS110 icon

Smart plug is flasing green orange,  the app will connect to the Smart plugs wifi connection TP-LINK_Smart Plug_A701  but always gets stuck on Connecting to smart plug

and after a long while it comes up with Unable to connect to your smart plug wifi.

Any help will be apreciated

Confirmed:

Phone is on 2.4GHZ wifi network,  Access points config page shows this phone is on the 2G network on channel 5

All other wifi devices are off

Mobile data is off

Plug is flashing amber and green,  also bulb flashes 5 times

App connects to plug and bulbs wifi networks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot get Kasa to configure HS100 or LB100
2019-04-16 03:47:25

Hi,

Did you try to use another phone to configure the plug and bulb with your TP-LINK ID? If not, please give it a try.

Try hard reset, please:

Plug hard reset: press the top reset button for about 5-8s until light flashes amber and green again.

Bulb reset: switch it on, wait for 1s, switch it off, wait for 2s. Repaet this process for 5 times until bulb flashes 3 times.

On Connecting to smart plug step, you need to switch phone from your 2.4G wifi to TP-LINK Smart xxx wifi instead so that app and your phone will be sycr with the phone.

Good day!

Options
Re:Re:Cannot get Kasa to configure HS100 or LB100
2019-04-17 10:52:35
I'll borrow another phone to see if this helps, I have set up the lb100 bulb in the past with a huawei p9. I've not thought the app maybe incompatible with a note 9 I'll report my findings
Options
Re:Re:Re:Cannot get Kasa to configure HS100 or LB100
2019-04-18 06:24:40

Hi,

Please take your time to do that, any updates, just let us know.

Meanwhile, if still the same error message, you can check whether you can see  the option " I've connected to the smart plug manually" or so, and you can give it a go to continue to configure it.

Wish you good luck. Looking forward to  your reply.

Good day. 

Zombiehunter wrote

I'll borrow another phone to see if this helps, I have set up the lb100 bulb in the past with a huawei p9. I've not thought the app maybe incompatible with a note 9 I'll report my findings

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1815

Replies: 3