To link smart plugs won’t turn off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-21 17:18:46
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Evening, 

I’ve got 2 smart plugs one HS100 and one HS110, both of these have recently stopped working properly. 

The plugs identify to be turned off but aren’t, they show in the app and on the device as deactivated but the extension leads and RGB on one of the connected devices still work rather than switch off? 

I’ve tried re-setting the devices but the issue persists is their anything else I can try? 

Cheers. 

Options
20 Reply
Re:To link smart plugs won’t turn off
2019-05-22 01:51:32

Hi,

What is the current light status of the smart plugs? 

How did you hard reset them? Below is the instruction: 

With the plug powered on, hold the settings button for 10s and the the light will be flashing amber and green.

Then you can follow the instruction below to configure it: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/hs100/#video 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/946/

Note: The configuration steps for the 2 devices are the same.

After that, please test whether they work properly.

May it work. 

Options
Re:Re:To link smart plugs won’t turn off
2019-05-22 16:01:33

Hi, 

The status for both plugs is currently off, but I’m typing this message using the pc that is plugged into the socket.... 

I’ve tried the hard reset method that you’ve mentioned but the problem still persists on both. 

I’ve got others that work fine its these two that won’t and they are around the same age unlike my newer ones. 

Cheers.

Options
Re:Re:Re:To link smart plugs won’t turn off
2019-05-23 02:02:21

If the plugs cannot be powered on even though change another wall sockets/hard reset, they might be faulty; you can contact their tech support to check the warranty. 

Options
2019-06-05 21:53:29

Hi, I'm having this exact same problem, did you find a solution? 

Options
2019-06-09 03:07:08

bigf00t wrote

Hi, I'm having this exact same problem, did you find a solution? 

Have you tried the suggestions mentioned above yet? What happened after that? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:To link smart plugs won’t turn off
2019-06-09 08:09:58
Yes, I've tried a hard reset and even tried a different socket but the problem persists. When I switch the plug off in the app the toggle switch turns to off but the plug stays on, it doesn't change at all.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:To link smart plugs won’t turn off
2019-06-09 09:10:00

If you can hear a click when you turn the switch off (or on) from the app yet the power remains on, the relay is sticking.  Tapping it can sometimes free it but that's usually only a short term solution - you may need to replace the device.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:To link smart plugs won’t turn off
2019-06-10 02:34:45

Hi, sorry to hear that, cause it is still the same, you can contact our tech support to check the  warranty. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
2019-08-14 12:13:06

I have a similar problem with my HS100. 

Model: HS100(EU)

Hardware Ver.: 3.0

The socket does not switch off. If the socket is switched on and I press the button on the socket, the light goes out at the socket, and I also hear the relay click, but the socket continues to supply power. When I control the plug from the Google Home or Kasa App, the same thing happens. The LED in the socket goes off and you can hear the relay switching, but the socket doesn't turn off the power. I've reset the socket several times and set it up again, which didn't help.

Options
2019-08-15 08:37:30
Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 20101

Replies: 20