Reboot/Powercycle HS100 Smart Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-10 05:14:43
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a HS100 smart plug connected to my comms equipment (Wi-FI router, switch, modem etc)

The Wi-FI for the smart plug comes from the Wi-Fi router.

How can I initiate a remote reboot of the smart plug when my internet plays up or my WiFi router needs a reboot?
Keeping in mind that when I switch off the smart plug, Wi-Fi will drop so I won't be able to switch it back on remotely.

I'm thinking initiating a reboot but I cannot find this setting in the app.

Hope someone can help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Reboot/Powercycle HS100 Smart Plug
2019-07-10 18:18:53

@Nate_C 

The schedule configuration is saved on the device itself, so it can function without internet.

So to turn on the plug itself without internet, you can setup a schedule in advance with the following instruction:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/947/ 

Meanwhile, there will be a new feature called smart action will be added in the near future, you can give it a go after that. 

Options
2020-06-25 03:32:30
This would be an awesome feature - I've put this on my router to power cycle once a day, but yeah being able to request a powercycle (by local timer or some other function) would be great.
Options
2020-06-25 14:17:50

@Pappas Be careful with this feature.  If there's a power outage the HS100 comes back up OFF.  Your router won't be started, and none of the scheduled commands will run as the HS100 won't be able to find the current time from the network (it requires NTP access to run timers).  You won't have any access to restart your router until you're home to do it physically.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 3227

Replies: 3