Tp link indoor camera unable to connect to server during set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-15 12:26:43

Having issues setting up KC120 camera.  I've bought two. During set up of first I had to abandon the set up part way through at the point I connected to my wifi network.  On subsequent set ups after connecting to camera network  I get follow error: "Unable to connect with the server. Please make sure you have internet connection or try again later." and in background in Kasa app "we cannot find a suitable network for your device to connect to".  I've tried resetting camera but this hasn't helped.

The other camera I bought the set up was ok. I was setting them up in  the same room so wifi signal would have been same.  Not sure whether first aborted set up is causing issues and something I need to clear.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tp link indoor camera unable to connect to server during set up
2019-07-16 02:51:34

@PW1 

What is the led status of the KC120 now? 

Please remove the magnetic housing to hold the reset hole for 15s. 

Then click here to get the instruction to set it up. This time, please test whether it works. 

Still the same, please show us a picture of the error message. 

Options
Re:Re:Tp link indoor camera unable to connect to server during set up
2019-07-16 20:20:18

Thanks for replying. I did eventually get through to support. Despite reset camera set up always stalled on firmware update. Camera returned and replacement received that was set up in minutes.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Tp link indoor camera unable to connect to server during set up
2019-07-17 11:16:50

@PW1 

Thanks for your feedback, glad to hear that the replacement works properly finally. 

Now you can enjoy the camera.

If need any further help, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1306

Replies: 3