Electric lawn mower charging station doesn't power on properly with HS-110

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-16 06:10:29 - last edited 2019-07-16 06:12:42
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm using the HS-110 smart plug to power on and off the charging station of my gardena R40Li lawn mower robot.

I noticed that when I power on the charging station with the hs110, it doesn't power up properly and generates an error. 

When unplugging the power cable form the station and plugging it back in again it works normally.

Is there some kind of smooth power on process or voltage ramp up when turning on the HS110?

Because it seems to make a difference, whether I 'plug in' the station by enabling the smart plug or giving it instant power by actually plugging in the power cord at the back of the charging station.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Electric lawn mower charging station doesn't power on properly with HS-110
2019-07-17 06:38:40

@samslein 

Is there physical power button on the lawn mower robot itself? What is the power consumption? 

Could you please provide more details-- "it doesn't power up properly and generates an error", any specific symptoms? what is the error message?

Have you ever tried to change another appliance to do a comparison test? 

Meanwhile, when did you buy this HS110? Did you have this issue from the start? 

Options
Re:Re:Electric lawn mower charging station doesn't power on properly with HS-110
2019-07-17 06:48:11

It's not the lawnmower itself that's powered it's only the charging station that generates the signal for the cable barrier. 

When powering it on with the hs110, the charging station blinks red and the error code means that the antenna on the charging station that generates the signal is defect. 

But when unplugging and plugging in again the cable directly on the back of the charging station, the startup is okay and it generates the signal (green led)

Power consumption is only about 4W. 

I also tested after waiting for a longer time, so that the power supply unit discharges completely. But still the same when powering on with the hs110.

So there is a difference between powering on the charging station with hs110 switch-on and a direct plugging in of the power supply cable. 

The hs110 is brand new and the problem occurred from the beginning. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1181

Replies: 2