If only we had 2 & 3 Gang Wall Plates, and IFTTT trigger capability......

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-28 21:31:59 - last edited 2019-07-28 21:40:40
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I know that this has come up 1000 times before, but I don't see any good solutions. The TP-Link smart switch wall plates are the best out there, but they don't make 2 or 3 gang versions as far as I can see - I know lots of people want them, so I can't understand why TP-Link don't sell them. This must really hold back adoption of their switches, as > 99% of houses must have 2 or 3 gang switches somewhere, and you need them if you are doing whole house conversions. Has anyone found a good solution to this? The ones from Home Depot are nowhere near as good IMHO. 

TP-Link has some great home automation products, and they could easily be a real leader in this space if they focussed on a few details like this. My other gripe is why their switches won't work as triggers for IFTTT. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Both the wall plates & IFTTT limitations seem really easy things for TP-Link to fix......................  Over to you TP-Link.......

Options
5 Reply
Re:If only we had 2 & 3 Gang Wall Plates, and IFTTT trigger capability......
2019-07-29 03:36:33

Dionysus wrote

My other gripe is why their switches won't work as triggers for IFTTT. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

While I feel strongly that home automation should stay in home and not go through TP Link, IFTTT, or any other cloud server, I did extend "AutomationManager" so that it can both trigger IFTTT applets as well as respond to requests from them since, as I expect you've noticed, there are some devices that can only be integrated using IFTTT.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
Re:Re:If only we had 2 & 3 Gang Wall Plates, and IFTTT trigger capability......
2019-08-02 17:24:04

I have no problem using my existing wall plates to cover the TP link switches. Is there a reason you cannot use them?

Ryan

Options
2019-08-29 21:33:56

Home Depot make 1 to 5 gang screwless wallplates

Options
2019-09-12 00:36:48

@B.Will 

I have tried a few brands of screwless 2 gang plates from Home Depot and they do not sit flat against the wall with tp-link switches. I have not tried the Leviton plates. I'll pick one up tomorrow to try. However, I expect it will be the same issue. The tp-link switches only seem to be able to be covered by a tp-link plate and sit flat against the wall. If I can't find a plate that fits properly, I have to rip out my tp-link switches because it looks too bad to have the plate sitting 3 millimeters off the wall. My entire house only has 2 and 3 gang switches... I'd like to outfit the entire house with tp-link switches... but that won't happen until tp-link makes multiple gang plates for their switches, or I can find another vendor's plates that fit properly.

Options
2019-09-12 09:50:17

@TCVS 

Hello, sorry to tell you that there is no gang box available on TP-Link now.

The plate of the HS200 can be removed, you can search online and find a compatible one. For HS200 V3, Dimensions( H X W X D ) : 3.35 x 1.77 x 5.04in (85.1 x 44.96 x 128mm)

While the size with no panel is 105mm x 43.5mm x 45mm.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1817

Replies: 5