Default state of plugs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Default state of plugs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Default state of plugs
Default state of plugs
2019-10-20 11:56:52

I went into my living room one day to find my smart plug was showing a red status light and my attached electric fire was on, which it wasn't when I last saw it.  I unplugged the electric fire and reset the plug.  Not sure what had caused its problem but it's been fine since.  What I want to know is, can I make sure that next time one of these plugs gets itself into a muddle it defaults to OFF.  I find it scary that it turned the heater on.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Default state of plugs
2019-10-21 09:15:39

@Inge_Jones 

What is the model number of the smart plug and the appliance plugged into it? 

The red LED means that the network connection has disconnected. You can verify the signal strength this plug gets from your router and its firmware, please ensure that it is up to date. 

Besides, please confirm that the power consumption of the appliance is coverable by the plug. 

What is more, you can move it closer to the  main router or change another appliance  to give it a go. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 1

Related Articles