Unable to give the device a name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-17 22:46:44 - last edited 2020-09-25 04:41:30
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Trying to set this up after resetting  the device and at the point "Name Your Device" whatever name I put in it says "Something went wrong" and I can't gobany further and nor can ignore back

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to give the device a name-Solution
2020-09-25 04:41:24 - last edited 2020-09-25 04:41:30

@rdschweers 

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

Did you try to give a simple name or choose an icon from the APP, not the Album?

And what is the LED status on the plug, blinking green or solid green?

--if It is solid green, please try to exit the setup and check if it appeared on the device list;

Have you tried to use another smartphone to set it up again?

And is there any error message; if yes, please send me a full screen-shot of the error message?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to give the device a name
2019-11-19 07:41:50

@Clarky100 

What is the led status of the HS100? Please ensure that your router assigns a valid IP for this smart plug which is in the same subnet as the main router.

Below is a similar case we met which was caused by the IP. 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/176098

And you can try the suggestion mentioned on that email also.

Any updates, please let us know. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-09-23 14:01:24

@Clarky100 

I am suddenly having same issue.  Bulb was working fine for 6 months, now all of the sudden I can't get passed the name portion of set up.

Options
Re:Unable to give the device a name-Solution
2020-09-25 04:41:24 - last edited 2020-09-25 04:41:30

@rdschweers 

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

Did you try to give a simple name or choose an icon from the APP, not the Album?

And what is the LED status on the plug, blinking green or solid green?

--if It is solid green, please try to exit the setup and check if it appeared on the device list;

Have you tried to use another smartphone to set it up again?

And is there any error message; if yes, please send me a full screen-shot of the error message?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-25 12:15:24
I'm curious why you mark your posts as "solutions" when they're trouble-shooting questions... shouldn't "best solution" be selected by the customer if/after you've solved their problem? It's certainly frustrating to others searching for solutions to a problem they're having to see something marked as "solved" only to find it's not..
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2022-01-12 03:31:39

For anyone stumbling across this "solved" thread, I had the same issue when resetting and adding bulbs to a new network.

The solution for me was to make sure the existing devices were deleted from the Kasa app before re-adding them. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3244

Replies: 5