LB130 - can only on/off, other settings do not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-23 23:24:44 - last edited 2019-11-23 23:25:50
Model: LB130  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

back in 2018 when I bought and installed my LB130, it worked fine. I have Android 4.4.4 phone and I was able to control the bulb's settings - color, warmth of the light, intensity etc. Then some big update to the Kasa software came (fairly big overhaul of UI from what I could see). Since then, whenever I try to access the bulb's settings and do anything else with it than just turn it on/off from devices overview screen, my app completely laggs for couple of seconds, then closes and re-opens itself. I managed to solve the problem by removing and re-adding the device, and it started working again, for some time. I was not using the bulb for quite some time. Now the problem is back, it does exactly the same thing again, and now even reinstalling the device doesn't work.

I also tried reset with 3 switches, reset with 5 switches. Didn't help. I tried to reinstall Kasa app on my mobile phone. Didn't help either. There are no firmware updates in Settings, so, the issue is probably not there, either.

I wonder if anyone can help me, I am really out of ideas now.

Options
1 Reply
Re:LB130 - can only on/off, other settings do not work
2019-12-04 09:53:19

@Amaroth 

What is the OS version of your Android device? 

With the development of the KASA APP, it is supported by Android 5.0 or above now. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1390/

Try to update the OS version of the Android phone to give it a go, besides, you can change another phone to test it. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1037

Replies: 1