Privacy mode keeps turning off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-07 14:09:03 - last edited 2019-12-12 11:50:59
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.31

Hi,

I enable privacy mode when I return to my property. However, after a random amount of time I start receiving motion notifications on my phone and then I notice the LED on the camera is on and it has turned off privacy mode. If I turn on privacy mode I notice that it will turn it back off after a certain amount of time. Has anyone else seen this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Privacy mode keeps turning off-Solution
2019-12-11 11:28:49 - last edited 2019-12-12 11:50:59

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I think I found the problem. I had an IFTTT link to turn on the camera automatically when leaving a location. It appears that this didn't work properly and it was that link that was turning on the camera even though I was in the location where it shouldn't do anything.

I've removed that and it has not turned the camera on since. Many thanks for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Privacy mode keeps turning off
2019-12-09 11:48:53

@Thomster 

What is the kasa app version? Please ensure that it is up to date. 

Is there anybody who tabs on it and turn off the privacy mode by accident?

You can try to log out the kasa app from other devices except yours and then turn on the privacy mode and verify whether it will turn it off automatically.

Besides, you can hard reset the camera and reconfigure it to give it a go.

Still the same, please tell us the cloud account and mac address of the camera privately so that we can do further analysis. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Privacy mode keeps turning off-Solution
2019-12-11 11:28:49 - last edited 2019-12-12 11:50:59

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I think I found the problem. I had an IFTTT link to turn on the camera automatically when leaving a location. It appears that this didn't work properly and it was that link that was turning on the camera even though I was in the location where it shouldn't do anything.

I've removed that and it has not turned the camera on since. Many thanks for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-12-12 11:50:56

@Thomster 

Gotcha, thanks for your reply; glad to hear that you figured it out. 

If need more help, do not hesitate to contact us.

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-21 02:26:38

@Kevin_Z 

Hi

I am not sure if my KC110 Camera keeping turing off by privacy mode, it just happened a month ago. Plug and Unplug power adpter, the camera just not turning on.

A week ago I uninstalled kasa app and re added camera (reset multi times). Then the camera back online and working fine for a week. Now It automaticly switched off wont back on again.

Whats the problem here please advise.

Thanks

Options
2020-04-23 05:14:00

Thomster wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2286

Replies: 5