HS 100 Overheating message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-05 14:46:44
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

Just over a year ago I bought two HS100s. One has been fine, the other has produced two overheating warnings in this time. The load on the first occasion was zero (it was simply plugged in to the wall socket) and the second time it was only 21Watts. Is there something wrong with it? Can it be sorted without returning/replacing?

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS 100 Overheating message
2020-01-08 06:01:16

@alanlw 

Hello, please check the details below first. 

1. Whether the HS100 is poor contacted, such as partially loose.

2. Whether the pins contacted are rusty/have Impurities adhering to the contact surface.

And please tell me where and how do you connect this smart plug; the model number of the appliance and its power consumption is important as well.

Thanks a lot. Good day. 

Options
Re:HS 100 Overheating message
2020-01-08 09:51:20

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your reply. This HS100 has been inside the house since we bought it. It has been more or less permanently connected to a UK wall socket since we bought it. It is not at all loose. There is no corrosion on the pins or other impurity. 

The model number is HS 100(UK) Version 2.1. As I stated the power load has been minimal, varying between 0 and 21watts.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1381

Replies: 2

Related Articles