How to mute Cloud Cameras when viewing from KASA App - Too much interference noise

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to mute Cloud Cameras when viewing from KASA App - Too much interference noise

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-17 12:10:43 - last edited 2021-03-29 11:16:30
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: Unknown

Hi All,

Does anyone else find it extremely annoying that there is no mute option for when viewing the cameras remotely with Kasa,

I find that when you view the cameras, the Mic is extremely sensitive and just causes too much interference if you are close buy,

I know the old crappy MyDlink system used to allow you to mute by default, so supprised TP-Link doesnt have anything similar,

I think if it could default to No Audio if you have the Cameras set to Record with No Audio would make so much more sense and make it easier to use.

For example, if you are viewing a camera whilst at work and your phone is turned up, it suddenly starts squeeling through your phone speakers,

Is there anyway to recommend changes in future upcoming firmware updates?

Options
5 Reply
Re:How to mute Cloud Cameras when viewing from KASA App - Too much interference noise
2020-01-22 08:40:52 - last edited 2021-03-29 11:16:30

@P_AUS_User 

Hello, thanks for your suggestion. We will forward your request to our product department, and then they will keep an eye on similar feedback and evaluate the feasibility. 

For now, the volume of KC200 synchronizes the volume on the cellphone itself; if you want to mute it, you can turn off the volume on cellphone as a workaround.

Good day. 

Options
Re:How to mute Cloud Cameras when viewing from KASA App - Too much interference noise
2020-01-22 19:54:00
Thanks, Much appreciated.
Options
2020-09-02 10:04:09
I just received my camera today and i'm so bitterly disappointed that such a basic function as mute is missing. Did the developer go for a coffee break and forget it when he came back? Having to up and down the volume keys every time you want to listen to whats happening is ridiculously stupid. Having bought lots of tp link stuff over the years I'm tempted to toss this in the bin, might yet do so, or send it back to amazon as not fit for purpose
Options
2020-12-13 19:18:46
Another vote here for having a mute button for the camera. The microphone is stupidly sensitive and I don't understand why there isn't an option for either turning down of off completely. Whats even weirder, is if you select to record with no sound the microphone still picks up everything.
Options
2021-03-25 21:15:14

@Kevin_Z 

I'm also very keen to say the least on this function (and surprised that it is not possible) as I don't want people, that I want to share my camera with, to hear what is said in the room.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2342

Replies: 5