KP303 outlet 1 Failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KP303 outlet 1 Failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KP303 outlet 1 Failure
KP303 outlet 1 Failure
2020-01-19 04:31:53
Model: KP100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.01

My issue is with KP 303, but there is no option to select it ! so I chose KP101 to be able to post.

I had two KP303 that outle 1 failed, one in the on codition, the otherone off. The software appears to control them, but the relay is not cliking, they lasted about a month before they failed.

Is this a common ocurrence or I'm just being unlucky.

Today I started with my third one ........

Options
5 Reply
Re:KP303 outlet 1 Failure
2020-03-06 05:41:22

@nyocker 

Hello, would you please tell us more details about the issue? When you set up the power strip on Kasa app, there should be an option for KP303( the same option for HS300).

What's the light status of KP303? Can you control them with the Kasa app? What appliances are connecting to the KP303? Are they under control? Have you done any troubleshooting before?

Good day.

Options
2021-02-02 05:17:47

@nyocker 

I have the same problem.  I have three KP303 UK Power strips.  They worked fine for a few months.  But Now, all of them have the same issue each with 1 socket failure.  Three power strips have one socket is always ON (Usually the third one) even though I press the ON/OFF button the light go on and off. 

Options
2021-02-05 03:20:38

@NKW 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind reply.

Sorry for the delay.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. When you said one socket is always ON (Usually the third one) even though I press the ON/OFF button the light goes on and off, did you mean it would always provide power for the device connected behind no matter it is on or off?
  2. Could you please send me a private message about the SN number and MAC address of these 3 power strips?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-07-11 07:29:02

@TP-Link Hi, is the KP303 1 outlet failure resolve?  I have similar issue whereby my KP303

One socket middle plug is always ON (current flowing) no matter I press the ON/OFF button the light goes on and off.  Thanks 

TP-Link wrote

@NKW 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind reply.

Sorry for the delay.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. When you said one socket is always ON (Usually the third one) even though I press the ON/OFF button the light goes on and off, did you mean it would always provide power for the device connected behind no matter it is on or off?
  2. Could you please send me a private message about the SN number and MAC address of these 3 power strips?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-09-30 12:47:18
I also have the same problem with a KP303 bought May 2021 (four months ago) - one socket permanently live. The indicator light goes on and off as normal and I hear a small click switching it on or off, but the socket stays live. I think it's a faulty relay. The load is less than 300W.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1640

Replies: 5

Related Articles