TAPO p100 initial config problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-20 13:25:20
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I am trying to configura a brand new P100 smart plug.

Using the TAPO app, I cannot pass the "scan wifi netwotk" screen. The app just sits there and it is not giving me any option to choose from and eventually fails.

Things I've done and tried :

- The plugs pairs correctly via the bluetooth with the app on my phone (android). The phone is connected to my wifi.

- Led lights on the plug are originally blinking amber and green then remain blinking amber after wifi failure.

- Wifi is a home network on a 2.4Ghz setting and I even tried to make it open without any password to see if there was any change. (none)

- I have factory reseted the plug many times but no avail.

Is there anything else I can do before doing an RMA of the product?

TIA

Options
3 Reply
Re:TAPO p100 initial config problem
2020-02-24 13:04:02

What is an RMA of the product?

I have similar problems, my wi fi signal is strong on all devices in our home but the P100 will not connect to it. I want to get a replacement/refund but the manufacturers seem very remote.

Options
2020-03-04 06:48:52 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:28:27

@pflip 

Hi,

Please refer to the instruction below to do some troubleshooting.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2615/

If it still not working, please send us a screenshot on the page that you can not get past.

Besides, try to use other phones to do the settings.

Have a good day.

Options
2020-08-05 18:26:27

@Stella.Q 

Bonjour

J'ai reussi à configurer la prise P100 après une petite demi heure de test.

En effet avec nos box qui sont assez moderne, même avec le wifi ouvert je n'arrivais pas à associer la prise à ma box internet

Pour résoudre le problème

Dans un premier temps

- Relevez l'adresse MAC de la Prise P100 qui se trouve derrière celle-ci

Dans un deuxième temps

- Aller sur votre box internet et dans les sécurité de votre box, enregistrer l'adresse MAC de la prise P100 qu'il faudra accépté

En effet le filtrage MAC de votre box bloque l'accés à la connexion de la prise P100 (même en appuyant sur le bouton WPS) même en supprimant le filtrage d'adresse MAC, cella ne fonctionne pas

La seul solution est de rentrer en dur, l'adresse MAC de la prise P100 dans votre box internet

Pour ma part tout fonctionne correctement avec cette manipulation

Cordialement

Nikoss94

PS: il est dommage qu TP Link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5459

Replies: 3