Cannot add new KC120 to Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-14 16:04:17 - last edited 2020-12-31 18:44:35

I allready have one KC120 in use and this worked great. Adding another one e few months later however is a disaster. I can connect my phone to the cam, but the cam claims there is no WiFi network to connect to. I tried resetting the camera to factory defaults, restarting my phone and restarting the WiFi AP. It will not work.

Any suggestions before I go look for a brand that does manage to connect to a WiFi network?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot add new KC120 to Kasa app-Solution
2020-12-31 18:43:57 - last edited 2020-12-31 18:44:35

I decided to give it another go and this time I remembered I installed AdGuard since succesfully configuring my first Kasa Camera.

After turning AdGuard off on my phone the camera setup completed succesfully for my two new camera's. I never figured this add- and tracking blocker would interfere with local devices but it seems it does.

Anyways, I'm happy and maybe this will help someone else with setting up their camera's.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Cannot add new KC120 to Kasa app
2020-02-14 22:49:46

@MickSavage 

Hi, I can't help much, but what I have found each time I've set up a new cam is that the 1st time it says no wifi found.

I try a second time, and then it works. Not sure why, it's just what happens for me.

Options
2020-02-15 05:54:42

@MickSavage If the camera can't detect the router's network, you can try to adjust some wireless settings on the router, such as change the wireless channel. You may refer to the instructoin below to change channel on TP-Link router.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2292/

After change the channels, move the camera close to the router, factory reset it by press the reset button for 10 seconds until the light change, then reinstall it on the APP. Usually it will work.

Hope it helps.

Options
2020-02-15 13:44:19

@Marcia.Zhang I tried everything but magic. I have multiple WiFi devices of different brands that connect to my network without any problem. I guess TP-Link camera's are just not for me. Thanx for responding.

Options
2020-02-19 08:16:44

@MickSavage 

I see, sorry to hear that. 

What about the camera now?

If it is okay for you to do further analysis, you can tell us the model number of your main router and we can try to locate this issue and fix it. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Cannot add new KC120 to Kasa app-Solution
2020-12-31 18:43:57 - last edited 2020-12-31 18:44:35

I decided to give it another go and this time I remembered I installed AdGuard since succesfully configuring my first Kasa Camera.

After turning AdGuard off on my phone the camera setup completed succesfully for my two new camera's. I never figured this add- and tracking blocker would interfere with local devices but it seems it does.

Anyways, I'm happy and maybe this will help someone else with setting up their camera's.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1233

Replies: 5