RTSP over VLC does't work with Tapo C200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RTSP over VLC does't work with Tapo C200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:RTSP over VLC does't work with Tapo C200
2021-01-17 00:02:56

Hello all!

Same problem here with tapo c200.

Trying to get rtsp over vlc fails on my desktop pc running windows 10.

And onvif connection over iSpy also fails on my desktop pc running windows 10.

Playing strm file on raspberry pi/kodi media player is hit and miss. Works 3 out of 20 times!!!

Tapo app works in android normally.

All of the above: tapo c200, desktop pc, adroid mobile and raspberry pi are on the same local network.

I have a tplink gbit switch and hardwired to the switch are the desktop pc, my raspberry pi and my wireless access point EAP225.

Tapo C200 is connected to EAP225 wirelessly as is my android phone with tapo app installed.

Should I be looking at any settings on my WAP?

Cheers!

Options
2021-01-20 01:17:10

I totally agree with you @Ionut02 this is a huge security deal.
I've been trying for weeks to get my RTSP stream to work, I've followed the guide everyone links to several times and was about to give up when I saw your answer to this.
Sure enough I can confirm that dumbing the username and password down to only lowercase letters works. But this is just terrible.

First of all, why do I have to open up a port in the router if I only want to record the stream on a local NVR? Yes I tried to close the port as soon as I finally could watch the stream, but then it stopped working again.

Secondly, why o why the terrible rule of only lowercase letters? 

TP-Link as a major player in home networking should be better than this.

Options
2021-04-23 15:54:35

Me too!

Been trying everything that has been said here and elsewhere, even simple credentials (so simple that google complains about them).  Still not working.  Tried on my local network with and without opening port 554, tried from outside (with open port).  Nothing.  VLC is refusing.  It works from a NAS using ONVIF, but that is not what I need to do.

So far all the help I've had from tp-link was them repeating the instructions that are online, despite me saying I had followed the instructions.

Not great!

Options
2021-08-12 11:04:06

@Fralex 

Hi,

rtsp://username:password@IP Address:554/stream1

username: is  the 

Username in Camera Account  

it is not TP-Link Account

Password: Password

in VLC: