KASA iPhone app - need for customisable notification sound and volume

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-29 11:45:00
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.36

Hello,

I have two cameras, KC115 and the KC200, and use the KASA app on my iphone.

Notifications due to detected motion use the default notification sound and volume.... which is of very little use to wake me up

So, I would like to make a case for the implementation of the following new functionality in the KASA app:

1. Customisable sound, so that it is possible have an mp3 played of my choice.... 

2. Customisable sound volume for the notification: that way we can keep other sounds at low volume

This will make these cameras more useful security devices, since part of one's security is being able to promptly act on a threat.

A plea to all other owners with the same wish: please support this request !

Kind regards,

Jaco

Options
5 Reply
Re:KASA iPhone app - need for customisable notification sound and volume
2020-05-31 09:05:23

@JacoV 

Good suggestions, we will record and feedback to the related department, who will evaluate and investigate if we can achieve it on the Kasa app or camera firmware.

Options
2020-10-14 14:59:51

@JacoV 

I Concur to that, actually it was a huge disappointment to me that this isn't a standard feature, and further Kasa purchases is on hold until this is fixed.

Options
2021-06-19 13:58:39

@JacoV Any updates on this one?  It's been a few months.  I'd love to assign a custom sound to the notifications.  Otherwise they are useless to me.

Options
2021-06-23 05:53:45

@mtundu2  Hello, 

So far I did not hear a plan  to customize notification sound for Kasa camera, Kasa  apps use the same notification sound as your phone, you may check if that can be customized on your phone settings or some third party apps. Thank you for your kind feedback. 

Options
2021-12-18 16:57:26

@JacoV 

I agree - this is a dissatisfaction/disappointment with this camera/app.

It is needed to set the tone/sound and volume for notifications specific to the KAsa Cameras.

Agreed that the basic Apple notification sound is not adequate to wake a person for an alert on the camera for Baby or Senior monitoring, or general security alerts.

Kasa please fix this with an app update ASAP.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 1815

Replies: 5