Manage HS100 with Raspberry Pi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-07 04:35:40
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

I want to control my HS100 with a Raspberry Pi to simply switch a device on for say 5 minutes then off for say 20 minutes with the cycle being repeated either indefinitely or for a fixed number of cycles. My HS100 is linked to my WiFi network over my Deco 5 extender connected to a BT Hub. The HS100 works well and responds quickly over the WiFi using the Kasa app which is connected to the WiFi through my Deco 5 extender. I am happy with the Deco 5. I am told I need to find the IP address of the HS100. When I interrogate my BT router it does not show the devices connected to the Deco5 and so I am unable to find the IP address of the HS100. Can anyone help? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Manage HS100 with Raspberry Pi
2020-06-08 06:28:55

@DouglasT 

Sorry, we cannot guarantee you can control this HS100 on your Raspberry Pi as this smart plug is only tested to be compatible with third-party services like Amazon Alexa and Google Home.

If you want to check the IP address of the HS100, you may launch the Deco app-Network Devices and find the HS100, and you will find its IP address on the settings page.

Options
2020-06-08 06:46:19

@Solla-topee Hi, Thank you for the reply. I would like to find the IPO address of the HS100 but I am not sure what you mean. I have tried running the Deco app on my phone but it does not find the Deco 5. I have made sure the Bluetooth on the phone is enabled. I don't want to mess with the Deco 5 system as it is working well. Please explain in beginners terms, if I am using my android phone then which Deco app do I need and how do I then get the IP address of the HS100 that is linked to the Deco 5 mesh. Many thanks, Douglas

Options
2020-06-08 07:13:01

@DouglasT 

Please check and ensure you've logged into the correct Deco account on your phone and below are more queries about the app login:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1456/

BTW, kindly show me the error when you tried to log into your Deco app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2758

Replies: 3