Google Home/Assistant says/displays that Tapo cannot be reached, but does function normaly.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Google Home/Assistant says/displays that Tapo cannot be reached, but does function normaly.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-17 16:24:04
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 build 20200601 rel 60668

NOT SURE IF MY HARDWARE VERSION IS V1.

MY APP SAYS 1.0.0

Hello,

When I ask Google assistant to switch of or on a Tapo P100 it always seems to work correctly. But after that is does the display (Hub) shows a message: "Sorry, but your device could not be reached." or something simmilar to that. Although things seem to work I don't like getting that message. Did uninstall/install and all other things I could find online, but it doesn't go away. Please help me out here.

Greetings, Jan-Paul

Options
3 Reply
Re:Google Home/Assistant says/displays that Tapo cannot be reached, but does function normaly.
2020-08-20 06:18:04

@Jan-Paul 

Good day.

Are you trying to say, the voice control through Google assistant has been executed correctly.

But after that, there would be one more message on the Nest hub smart display showing:’ Sorry, but your device could not be reached’?

Did it only happen to Tapo devices , or have you tested on other smart home devices to see what happened?

By the way, have you ever checked with Google assistant to see if they had any clue?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Google Home/Assistant says/displays that Tapo cannot be reached, but does function normaly.
2020-08-20 06:27:57

@Brook With my Google devices I use Nest, Hue and TP-link products. When I give commands to Hue or Nest products I never get or got these messages. I haven't contacted Google about this issue. Hope you can find out what causes this message and either fix it with an update or tell Google about it. Thank you for your reply. 

Options
2020-08-21 01:41:38

@Jan-Paul 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

We will have a check with our senior engineers and keep you updated via email.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1777

Replies: 3