How to wire the HS200 switch with 3 black wires from box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-05 17:44:02
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I'm having trouble connecting this light switch. I connected the white wire to the bunch in the box and capped the green wire (ground) since the other ground wires were connected to the back of the box with some switches.

when I took off my old light switch there were three black wires, Two connected to the screws on the side and one connected through the back. I'm not quite sure how to deal with all these three wires, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to wire the HS200 switch with 3 black wires from box
2020-09-05 19:13:00

@Khadija1 The two brass colored screws are the travellers, the black screw is the live/line

Options
2020-09-05 20:13:37 - last edited 2020-09-05 20:14:08

@B.Will 

One black wire came from the hole on the back side and the other two came from the screws, I'm pretty sure both screws are the same colour or one of them is more gold than the other...

Options
2020-09-06 00:45:01
The wire in the hole was connected to the wire on the screw it was beside. Those two are line, wire them together with to the black from the kasa switch. The other is load out and should be wired to the other black on the kasa.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2482

Replies: 3