Data Feed Upload Usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Data Feed Upload Usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Data Feed Upload Usage
Data Feed Upload Usage
2020-10-23 01:23:38
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

I'm thinking of setting up one (or more) of these at a remote location. There is power, but no phone line / internet connection. I was thinking of using a WiFi router with a SIM card slot as a mobile internet connection.

Q.1 Can anyone tell me what the expected daily data usage figures would be? Examples, a) if I didn't view any recordings, and b) if I viewed 1 hour live stream?

Q.2 Is it an "always on" connection to the server, or only when I open the app? 

I don't mind if it has a small amount of constant data transfer to a server (for pinging and update purposes, etc.), but if it's constantly streaming video without actually opening the feed, then it would probably use too much data for my budget. Hence, I'd need to have an idea of what to expect before buying a 4G router and data SIM card. 

Thanks in advance. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Data Feed Upload Usage
2020-10-27 06:10:54 - last edited 2020-10-27 06:49:23

@EMM 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

For your case,  I might need to confirm with our senior engineers first.

Once there is any updated news, I would come back to you at once.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support

Update:

We haven’t tested the camera when it is just connected to the router without any live stream and I am sorry that we do not have this data usage yet.

If the Tapo is on 1080P, it would take almost 300MB for one hour live streaming;

And the camera would be always connected to the cloud server to make sure remote control is available all the time;

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1487

Replies: 1

Related Articles