Data usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Data usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Data usage
Data usage
2021-07-05 10:01:52
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

A question about data usage Tapo C100.

Planning to install a C-100 in the cabin. Only have a GSM based router there and I'm ca bit concerned about the data usage since there is limited data included in the subscription. Does the camera transmit video all the time, or only when I open the App?

-John- 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Data usage
2021-07-06 11:08:58 - last edited 2021-07-06 11:14:02

@John_A_S  Hello,

If the Tapo camera is on 1080P, it will take around 300MB for one hour live streaming;  The camera does not 'transmit video' while you are not watching live view. 

App will consume data when it works in the background as camera would always be connected to the cloud server to make sure remote control is available all the time;

We haven’t tested the camera when it is just connected to the router without any live stream, and I am sorry that we do not have this data usage yet. You may purchase one and test it in your actual environment within return window

Besid, it is recommended to put camera in an open area where it could receive strong Wi-Fi signal from the router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7192

Replies: 1

Related Articles