Kasa KC110 Kasa Care recording issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-26 10:24:17 - last edited 2020-11-26 12:14:45
Model: KC110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.1

I got my camera up and running on Kasa Care Plus (30 days recording) on Saturday and it has been running well - lots of alerts and recordings. However yesterday evening it stopped picking up movement and sound and recording any clips at all (even manual recording said it had saved but it hadnt).

I tried turning it off and back on and logging out and in of the app but it was still an issue. I even tried deleting some older clips to see if it was a memory full issue. eventually, after about 5 hours it started recording again. During the outage, I could still see live feed and move the camera, it just wasnt alerting or recording. All settings were correct.

I wanted to ask if anybody else had similar and also, is there a limit on the amount of space you have on the cloud? I know it says 30 days but we have only had it for 5 and if I have used all the memory that is ridiculous! I cant find anything on the ebsite about terms of the plan - just that you get 30 days of recordings.

I am concerned that i have had such a large period of recording outage after less than a week and this makes me wonder about the camera's reliability if I actually need it for security purposes.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa KC110 Kasa Care recording issue-Solution
2020-11-26 12:11:02 - last edited 2020-11-26 12:14:45

@ffarie 

Good day!

Thank you for reaching out. Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure was facing an outage on November 25th.

As a result, our customers were not able to use the services including video recording and smart actions, etc.

And now, Amazon has fixed the AWS server outage and all the services should be available now.

Please kindly check if you can use the Kasa devices normally. If you're still suffering the issue, please don't hesitate to drop a letter to us and we will try our best to help you.

Thanks for your understanding and supporting of TP-Link.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa KC110 Kasa Care recording issue-Solution
2020-11-26 12:11:02 - last edited 2020-11-26 12:14:45

@ffarie 

Good day!

Thank you for reaching out. Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure was facing an outage on November 25th.

As a result, our customers were not able to use the services including video recording and smart actions, etc.

And now, Amazon has fixed the AWS server outage and all the services should be available now.

Please kindly check if you can use the Kasa devices normally. If you're still suffering the issue, please don't hesitate to drop a letter to us and we will try our best to help you.

Thanks for your understanding and supporting of TP-Link.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Kasa KC110 Kasa Care recording issue
2020-11-26 17:19:57

@TP-Link thank you, it is working now. I hope that this isn't a regular occure

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 678

Replies: 2