Can't view energy consuption within Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-30 09:22:27 - last edited 2020-12-03 10:30:34
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I have a V4.1 version of the HS110. I've set it up via the Kasa app and can turn it on and off through that. When I go to the Energy Usage screen however A "Something went wrong." message is displayed, with all energy readings showing -.-- except for total consumption which shows 0.00. This is the same whether something is plugged in and on or not, so I know it's not reading the energy levels correctly.

I've tried searching for firmware updates within Kasa but it says none can be found.

I've tried factory resetting the device several times already. Is there anything else I can do? If not, where do I go for a refund/replacement etc?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't view energy consuption within Kasa app-Solution
2020-12-03 10:28:27 - last edited 2020-12-03 10:30:34

@TP-Link Please see the below screenshot for reference.I have since been in contact with TP Link support via online chat and upon their request downloaded and ran a utility to extract logs from the device to send to them. They confirmed that the unit was defective. I've since received a replacement which works fine.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't view energy consuption within Kasa app
2020-12-03 03:37:52 - last edited 2020-12-03 03:56:22

@GeorgeDuckett 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Can I have a picture of  error message on the energy monitoring on the APP?

Did this issue just start recently? and would it work well with the same backside device before?

May I know the model number and operating system of your smartphone and Did you have the latest Kasa APP version?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Can't view energy consuption within Kasa app-Solution
2020-12-03 10:28:27 - last edited 2020-12-03 10:30:34

@TP-Link Please see the below screenshot for reference.I have since been in contact with TP Link support via online chat and upon their request downloaded and ran a utility to extract logs from the device to send to them. They confirmed that the unit was defective. I've since received a replacement which works fine.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 908

Replies: 2

Related Articles