KC120 no notifications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KC120 no notifications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KC120 no notifications
KC120 no notifications
2020-12-07 08:04:02

Hello,

I have several KC120 web cams in use, they are located in Germany and Spain.
A few weeks ago, no notifications came in, I saw there in some answers here that this seemed to be an Amazon AWS problem.
My cameras in Germany started to push notifications again, but not those in Spain.
They are all working (I can watch through them), but are blinking green.
Are you aware of that issue ?

Options
5 Reply
Re:KC120 no notifications
2020-12-09 07:51:24

@gherlt 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind feedback.

Can I have a picture or a video clip of the issue that they are all blinking green?

And could you please send me a private message about the MAC addresses of the problematic cameras?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-12-14 21:46:00 - last edited 2020-12-14 21:46:21

@TP-Link 

Hello,

sorry for the late reply, I did reset them and newly install them in the app.
It did work as it should, but after the final stage (when tips about mounting the camera show up) the cameras
show up in the list for blink and disappear.

I bought two new KC120 and tried to install them, and same problem.
they do connect, one did firmware upgrade, the other one had a problem.

But same, after mounting tips you see for a second the new camera name on the list and then it disappears.
The cameras are all blinking green.

Thanks for taking a look.

regards

Guillermo

Options
2020-12-14 22:03:07

@TP-Link 

Another detail, forget tomention, the two cameras (both blinking green) are connected to the router, as they are in the DHCP device list.

Options
2020-12-15 01:31:29

@gherlt 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your detailed information.

I checked all the 4 MAC addresses and It turned out none of them has been linked to the cloud server.

Could you please refer to the following suggestions:

1. turn off the firewall for the home router and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4;

2. connect the smartphone to the same Wi-Fi to see if you could detect the 4 cameras on the APP;

(if it is iPhone, please make sure the local network permission on the Kasa has been enabled: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2937/ )

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-12-15 07:05:05

@TP-Link 

Hello,

thank you for your fast reply, I did all you said on router and on one KC120 (with MAC finishing with E8-10).
Nearly same result, difference now was that this camera the firmware update worked, before it always did fail.
But the same: blinking green, not on list.
I doubt it is router or ISP, as the two other cameras of an another location are with same ISP, same router.
And I changed very recently both locations to this ISP.
I suspect that the thing is more about my "account" not accepting or not storing the newly installed cameras.
A not working or not connected camera is in the list, but "offline".
These new cameras appear in the list the instant after installation and then disappear !

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 601

Replies: 5

Related Articles