HS110 sticker doesn't match hardware version?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-08 18:15:44 - last edited 2020-12-08 18:17:21
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

Hi,

I have purchased 2 HS110 under the impression that they were version 2, because that's what the sticker on the backside says.

To my surprise, the app claims they're hardware version 1.

I think it's fair to say that the (private) seller was in good faith, but now I am left with 2 smart plugs that aren't as smart as I had hoped (I was looking for the Sunrise/Sunset offset feature), so.... a tad disappointed, I might say!

Why don't the stickers match what's actually inside???

Options
10 Reply
Re:HS110 sticker doesn't match hardware version?
2020-12-08 21:15:45
I have two with the same issue. Bought from an official reseller, and I did not notice it until the sunrise feature became available..
Options
2020-12-09 02:34:15

@MotoMazz @MichielS 

Hi, Could you please send me a picture of the bottom label on the smart plugs

And When you try to update the smart plug, would there be any newer firmware available

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-12-09 07:19:18

@TP-Link Sure, here you go.

When I set up the device, it asked to be upgraded. So I think it is on the latest firmware available. No new firmware is being downloaded when I try to update it.

Options
2020-12-09 09:31:43

@TP-Link  devices do not update, so I guess they are up to date.  Have two HS110 with this issue. 

Options
2020-12-09 09:39:56

And

Options
2020-12-09 09:44:54

@TP-Link found out that at least one of my HS100 has it too.. 

Options
2020-12-09 10:50:42

Just lifted the sticker off of one of mine.

To my surprise there's nothing except for "EU" and what looks like a signature. Perhaps belonging to the employee that put the sticker on?

Could this be a case of un-intended branding, or do you think that it was intended? (I hope not. Because then I think we should get what we paid for).

Options
2020-12-15 16:23:02

@MichielS 

MichielS wrote

And

A mi me pasa igual. 

TP-link puede dar alguna explicacion?

Options
2020-12-15 18:51:48
Let me translate. He wrote: The same thing happens to me. TP-link can you give any explanation?
Options
2020-12-16 12:27:10 - last edited 2020-12-16 12:37:01

I got the following email today from a TP-Link representative:

"

Good day,

Welcome to TP-Link community! It would be a great honor to have you here.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

After checking with the engineers, you could take it this way:

There are two kinds of chipsets, one for V1 and V2, the other for V3(V1, v2, v3 all  related to the hardware versions on the label).

The first  kind of chipset would show up as V1 on the APP; And the second shows up as V2.

So the V1, v2 on the APP, are not related to the hardware versions on the label, but the versions of chipset.

Now, back to the sunrise and sunset offset feature, only the second version chipset would support this feature, which is to say hardware version on the label over V3.1 would support sunrise and sunset offset.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support."

I think we already pretty much figured that out ourselves, but now we have it in writing from an official source.

So, just be aware of this before buying, if the Sunrise/Sunset feature is important to you.

I still think TP-Link could have done a better job of informing about this and they even seem to be confused about this themselves, because when writing "So the V1, v2 on the APP, are not related to the hardware versions on the label, but the versions of chipset", they may not realize that the app clearly says "Hardware Version". 

I would have HOPED for TP-Link acknowledging that the labeling is confusing, because it doesn't say "Chipset version" anywhere on the product or the packaging (to my best knowledge), and maybe even offering to exchange devices for those of us that made purchases under that impression.

But hey... it's not a perfect world. I'm left with 2 devices more or less useless to me, but I guess that's just something I have to live with.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1241

Replies: 10