Can a smart plug switch off an appliance via powerline? Or does it have to connect via home wifi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can a smart plug switch off an appliance via powerline? Or does it have to connect via home wifi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-16 15:58:29
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I need to switch off a plug in the garage remotely. That garage does not have wifi, but I can connect to powerline adaptors. 

Can I use a Kasa HS100 smart plug for that? The wifi label confuses me. Does it emit wifi, or does it connect via wifi? 

Bizarrely, I cannot find the answer on here, and I feel stupid. :-(

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can a smart plug switch off an appliance via powerline? Or does it have to connect via home wifi?
2020-12-18 08:20:59

@ReinkeB 

Hi,

HS100 needs to connect to a wireless network for remote control and it is ok to connect to the power-line adapters.

But at the beginning of the setup, it would generate a wireless network for smartphone to find this plug and complete the setup.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 937

Replies: 1

Related Articles