VR400 and Deco M5 mesh system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-17 13:55:18
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Looking to change my current set up before my BT Openreach modem falls over.

Current set up; BT Openreach Modem, Asus RT AC68U router, Triple Deco M5 mesh system.  Max download speed available 26.6 Mb/S, currently receiving 25Mb/S

Question - If I Change modem and router set up for an all in one VR400, can i turn off wifi (i.e. act as modem only) on VR400 to enable set up of M5 thereby avoiding any conflict. or can the VR400 act as another "M5" similar to onemesh?

Any advice on suitability of VR400 also gratefully received.

Options
2 Reply
Re:VR400 and Deco M5 mesh system
2020-12-23 08:36:27

@Golfer2019 

Just to confirm, do you mean you want to replace the BT Openreach Modem and the Asus RT AC68U router together with one VR400? 

It's OK to connect the Deco mesh network to the VR400, and they are compatible. While they will not create the same mesh network, as Deco can only build a mesh network with the Deco devices, and the VR400 can only build up the mesh network with Range Extenders or Powerline Adapters.

If you want to build up a signal mesh network, you may just connect the main Deco to the BT Openreach Modem, and set it up as the main wireless router. You can purchase more if the three cannot cover the whole house.

Let me know if you have further inquiries. Thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:VR400 and Deco M5 mesh system
2020-12-27 12:48:55

@Kevin_Z  Thanks for the reply.

The intent was to find a setup that would enable me to get rid of the opennreach modem as i'm sure it will go US at some point and BT don't supply them anymore.  As i'm on plusnet the other option is a BT home hub?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1536

Replies: 2

Related Articles