Still no firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Still no firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Still no firmware
Still no firmware
2021-01-04 19:32:16
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Really frustrated that after weeks and weeks of waiting I still don't have the firmware that's been promised since the last update broke local connectivity.

Why is this so hard to accomplish I wonder?

Any one else still waiting....?

Any advice?

Thanks,

Andy

Options
11 Reply
Re:Still no firmware
2021-01-05 02:23:19

@AndyLP 

Hi, Andy ,

I have to apologize again for the delay of the beta firmware.

It was planned to be released before the new year but apparently, it hasn’t.

Also for other customers who sent the private message for the update of the beta firmware and got no response yet, you did not miss anything and it is the delay on our side.

As for the  exact date of the firmware, once I get the details, it will be updated here.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options
2021-01-05 09:32:41

@TP-Link 

But in private messages I've been told that it's already been set up for my devices and I should be able to get it downloaded?

Spent ages resetting everything as that's what was recommended!

Options
2021-01-07 02:10:48

@AndyLP 

Hi

The MAC address sent before 29th Dec 2020 should receive the beta firmware now.

If the beta firmware failed to update, or still no update notice, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. reboot the main router;

2.remove it from the Kasa APP and add it again;

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-07 13:23:47

@TP-Link 

You keep insisting that I do this, and I keep doing this but it makes no difference! Everytime; '0 available updates'

I'm about done to be honest and I'm not going to be recommending these products to anyone.

Andy.

Options
2021-01-07 17:25:35

@TP-Link I sent mine well before this and one of my devices still hasn't got the update. See my post. Whole process is a nightmare. 

Options
2021-01-08 01:13:16 - last edited 2021-01-08 01:32:49

@Nuphor 

Hi

We have checked the cloud log about this MAC address and the firmware has been pushed twice already, like the other 3 plugs and not sure why only this one failed to get the update notification.

Have you tried to remove it  from the Kasa APP and unplug it from the wall, then put it back and reboot the router as well; after that, set it up again on the Kasa APP?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-09 22:40:36
Have tried your steps and it added again, and didn't ask to update. And there are still no updates available. It's really annoying having 1 out of 4 plugs still broken.
Options
2021-01-11 11:35:42
Still no update
Options
2021-01-12 07:33:57

@AndyLP 

You are not alone, I have 4 HS110s, none of them have received the update with the same behaviour "0 updates available" and I've also been told that the firmware has been pushed twice. Seems the problem is at TP-Link end. It would be great if there was a manual local update option available to solve this problem. 

Options
2021-01-12 22:38:08

@Davew123 oh I wish. Even though there's history of update utilities being provided, I don't think it'll happen. Probably worried about reverse engineering..

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 784

Replies: 11

Related Articles