Cracking audio on live feed kc200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-06 21:40:59
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.1

Purchased a new kc200 from Currys which arrived today. Upon fitting the unit above my front door and running the cable through the wall upon testing I found that the audio on the live and recorded stream has an awful crackling sound. I have 2 other Kasa tilt camera both brand new within last 2 weeks and both work perfect with the audio.

I have reset the unit removed camera checked for debris etc but nothing found. 

Anyone else experiencing this so far been really impressed with Kasa camera and this seems very disappointing....

Options
5 Reply
Re:Cracking audio on live feed kc200
2021-01-07 02:32:34

@Adam_C 

Hi, would changing the camera to another place make any difference?

Are you able to manually record a short video clip and send here for further checking?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-01-07 10:51:04

@Adam_C same problem. Just installed 2 cameras, one has a constant repetitive crackling sound. Moved to different location, used different power supply (same as the other o.k. camera) but still loud noises. Seems an obvious faulty unit as the the o.k. camera is operating off same power, and through same router to same display device.

Options
2021-01-07 11:15:43

@TP-Link This morning I dismounted the camera and moved it inside the house and the crackling noise was there again. I then reset the unit to factory settings again and the crackling noise disappeared. I have remounted it and so far so good.....

Options
2021-01-07 11:20:09

TP-Link wrote

@Adam_C 

Hi, would changing the camera to another place make any difference?

Are you able to manually record a short video clip and send here for further checking?

Thank you very much.

Hi, I would send a video clip of my crackling sound problem, but can't see how to do.

The tab in this form's action bar above for video takes me to my video cam, I  record the clip but then there is no way I can see how to attach it to this reply.

Options
2021-01-07 13:27:29

@Colincjr I couldn't upload the video from my Android phone so Tp link created a ticket via mail and had to send via mail.  You cannot upload a file larger than 10Mb here either and my Mp4 is larger...

To be honest not been impressed with the Android app as it has been very hit and miss with installation of all of my cameras. My wife's I phone seems a lot smoother

Also the notifications from the camera get received around 5 minutes after the event so as far as catching a delivery as it happens I have no chance . I have emailed KASA support to ask about this to see if there can be an improvement.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1094

Replies: 5

Related Articles