Streaming to Chromecast playing up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-11 16:28:13 - last edited 2021-02-09 03:34:37
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After accidently finding that I could stream my camera to my Google home hub (10 mjns maximum) I thought I'd try the same thing on my Chromecasts. First one streamed no bother which was nice but after the 10 mins max it kicked me out and just showed a splash screen (see photo). I rebooted the Chromecast and it still wouldn't work again. Still showing same screen in photo. I double checked nothing was running on my phone or hub just in case you couldn't stream to 2 devices at once. Not sure of the actual limit. I tried the upstairs Chromecast next and thay just showed the screen on the attached photo. Can you tell me what's happening? I bought this a few days ago and sure there was an update that I did. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Streaming to Chromecast playing up-Solution
2021-02-09 03:34:32 - last edited 2021-02-09 03:34:37

@stevew_68 

Hi, We got the news from the engineers and the issue has been located now.

And the problem should be fixed already and could you please test again?

Thank you very much and wait for your update.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Streaming to Chromecast playing up
2021-01-14 08:59:31

@stevew_68 

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

For security reasons, when we use third-party devices such as Google Home Hub, Echo show, fire TV to watch the Live stream of Tapo cameras, it will be disconnected automatically when it arrives in 10 minutes.

If you want to continue watching, take the Echo show as an example, you need to ask it to show again by voice command "Alexa, show me the [Camera Name]".

But there is no time limitation on the live view on the Tapo APP when the smartphone is connected to the same wife as the camera;

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Streaming to Chromecast playing up-Solution
2021-02-09 03:34:32 - last edited 2021-02-09 03:34:37

@stevew_68 

Hi, We got the news from the engineers and the issue has been located now.

And the problem should be fixed already and could you please test again?

Thank you very much and wait for your update.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 481

Replies: 2