KC 200 Router Connection Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-29 09:11:35
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I'm having difficulties with getting my camera to access the Cloud. It can connect to wifi as it is blinking green and I can see the device listed in my router dashboard. I can't connect the camera to the Kasa app anymore either but this could be due to the router settings blocking this now (worked previously but never connected to Cloud). A TP-link technician suggested I try connecting the camera to my mobile hotspot and it worked perfected so we know there is something in the router preventing proper access to camera.

Could anyone provide details of router settings I should be looking at. I've done the DNS one to 8.8.8.8 and previously amended firewall settings etc but they didn't seem to work. Is it possible to use Port Forwarding in the router device settings which would the enable camera to access the cloud? What would i fill in for Service/External host/Protocol/External Port/Internal port etc.

Thanks for any help

Options
1 Reply
Re:KC 200 Router Connection Problems
2021-02-01 12:11:47

@Riokev 

Hi,

May I know the model number of your main router?

Would there be a remote control toggle on the Kasa APP?

--if yes, when you enabled the remote control, would there be any error message?

Have you tried to reset the camera and set it up once more?

As for the firewall, would it be possible to temporarily turn it off to see If that made any difference?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 340

Replies: 1

Related Articles