Kasa app won’t let me log in on two devices anymore.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-31 02:24:41

I have the Kasa app on two phones. 3 days ago the Kasa app logged both phones out of the app but now it will only let me log back in using one phone and not the other. When we try to log into the 2nd phone it says "too many log in attempts wait two hours" and locks that phone out. We've waited hours and even a full 12 hours but it still gives that message every time...which is odd because one log in attempt in 12 hours is hardly "too many attempts." I even changed the password but that didn't change anything. 

When I log out of the app on phone 1, it then lets me log into the app on phone 2 but gives me the same "too many log in attempts" message on phone 1 if I try to log in there.  
it even did it to me when I was signing into this message board. I had to log out of the app just to be able to log into here and post this. Basically, for some reason, I can only log in one place and no where else. 

We've had the app on two phones for probably close to two years and never had an issue. Any ideas? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa app won’t let me log in on two devices anymore.
2021-02-04 03:09:36

@Peapod 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Did you still have the same issue?

We used to get the feedback that if the log-in password has been frequently changed, there might be a possibility that the account would be locked for some time.

Resetting the camera or powering off the camera for around 2 hours, it would be fixed.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 530

Replies: 1