TP Link Kasa pluggiving readings roughly double reality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-25 16:52:32 - last edited 2021-02-26 07:59:16
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've got a 3kw max load appliance that stays on 24hr/day and usually draws circa 700w, therefore 17kwhrs/day

Using the kasa plug it records it as 36kwhrs/day and shows a 1.5hour period drawing 9kwhrs (the 13amp plug fuse would have blown if that was true)

I have heard of smart plugs reading exactly double the true demand when they have been in households with a 3 phase supply to the property.  Any ideas as to why the plug would be doubling the actual usage??

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP Link Kasa pluggiving readings roughly double reality
2021-03-01 09:08:22

@GG69 Hi, 

I don’t we have got any feedback about” double power consumption calculation” in 3 phase circuit earlier before.

Please make sure your plug is with the latest firmware and help confirm some information below: 

1.May I know the model number & power consumption of the appliance (better attach a label of the model and its power )

2. Please share us  a photo of Power consumption & Running hours on Kasa app after that certain appliance was connected only(for example 1.5H , XX kWh)

3. MAC address and firmware version of your plug, thank you!

Options
2021-03-02 09:50:56

@Solla-topee I am having the same issue with 4 of my HS110 plugs.

HW version 4.1

Firmware 1.1.0

I have plugs with HW version 1, 2 and 4.1. Only those 4.1 are rubbish. The older gens have always worked flawlessly.

Options
2021-03-05 03:37:56 - last edited 2021-03-05 03:38:11

@dragonmike  Hi sorry for the late reply.

Please kindly share us a page of energy monitoring if it does not show correct. 

May I know the exact model that connected to HS110 V4.1 (an introduction page/ purchase link of that device is better).

If  you swap the appliances that connected to HS110 V4 and the old version plugs, does HS110 power consumption look normal? 

We'd like to follow up your case via email to target the issue, please check your inbox later, thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 412

Replies: 3