Unable to configure Tapo C100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-08 05:41:31
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My camera lost WIFI connection even when I never changed the password. 

I reset the camera by pressing the reset button for 5 seconds. I can now see the light blinking red and green.

But I don't see the Tapo_Cam_XXXX(C100) SSID  and unable to reconfigure the device.

Kindly help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to configure Tapo C100
2021-03-10 08:32:18

@vikashr  Hi , 

May I know did you hear a voice coming from Tapo camera  like " camera reset"  when you do the reset ? It is recommend to reset the camera like 5-10 secs until camera tell you its being reset successfully. Tapo Camera reset instruction:  https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2705/

After reset, please check see if Tapo Camera_ XXX default SSID shows on  the WiFi list of varies devices , like a different phone/ tablet/ laptop.

If none of them could detect the default SSID of camera, the camera should be faulty, and it is recommended end to contact local support / retailer to check warranty. 

Options
Re:Unable to configure Tapo C100
2021-03-10 11:11:43

@vikashr Reset by holding the reset button for 30 seconds worked! I am now able to configure the device. 

Thanks !

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 2

Related Articles