I really need this resolved please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-10 23:40:49 - last edited 2022-03-31 11:20:15
Model: Tapo L510B  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.2.46

Hi

I really need to have an option to set the default setting to 'off' after a power cut! To keep being woken up by lights coming on is ridiculous! Last night the power went out 3 times and every time it came back, the lights came on! I'd have slept through them all if it weren't for that and not been worn out all day at work! It's such a silly oversight to not give people this option and a major flaw in the TP-Link design! I've seen others have made the same point but nothing has changed so what will it take other than purchasing from another company?? Please listen to your customers! This has made your bulb not fit for purpose as a light is not meant to come on without asking even trying to sleep!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I really need this resolved please -Solution
2022-03-31 11:19:54 - last edited 2022-03-31 11:20:15

Hello   @JirkaBroz 

Here is a workaround that you could set a very dim level for tapo bulb default state ,example : Last On state brightness 5% so bulb will be very dim when power restores. 

What's the Default States of Tapo smart bulb?

As I checked with our engineer before:

When Tapo bulb gets power, it has to be 'ON' status, if set rules to be OFF, we will get trouble power on smart bulbs.  

While Tapo  plug is different as plug has a relay, when power goes into the plug,  the relay  could keep the plug ON/ OFF. 

I'd recommend also leave comments or idea for this on Tapo Feature Request Board here, that helps us to organize your feedback or share them with our team for consideration. 

Thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:I really need this resolved please
2021-06-01 11:57:29

@Uzume 

Hi, Currently,  there is no plan to change the default mode from 'on' to 'off' yet.

If the smart light did not power on after the power outage restored, it would lose the connection to the main router and could not power on via Tapo APP anymore;

We will keep attention to similar feedback and note down all the suggestions for further optimization;

At the same time, it is also suggested to send App feedback to the senior engineers' team directly for notification;

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:I really need this resolved please
2022-02-16 12:39:20

Solla-topee wrote

@Uzume 

Hi, Currently,  there is no plan to change the default mode from 'on' to 'off' yet.

If the smart light did not power on after the power outage restored, it would lose the connection to the main router and could not power on via Tapo APP anymore;

We will keep attention to similar feedback and note down all the suggestions for further optimization;

At the same time, it is also suggested to send App feedback to the senior engineers' team directly for notification;

Thank you very much.

@Solla-topee 

A proč u zásuvek TAPO P100 to jde, že po obnovení napájení zůstanou vypnuté, resp. podle nastavení výchozího stavu ?

Options
Re:I really need this resolved please -Solution
2022-03-31 11:19:54 - last edited 2022-03-31 11:20:15

Hello   @JirkaBroz 

Here is a workaround that you could set a very dim level for tapo bulb default state ,example : Last On state brightness 5% so bulb will be very dim when power restores. 

What's the Default States of Tapo smart bulb?

As I checked with our engineer before:

When Tapo bulb gets power, it has to be 'ON' status, if set rules to be OFF, we will get trouble power on smart bulbs.  

While Tapo  plug is different as plug has a relay, when power goes into the plug,  the relay  could keep the plug ON/ OFF. 

I'd recommend also leave comments or idea for this on Tapo Feature Request Board here, that helps us to organize your feedback or share them with our team for consideration. 

Thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 925

Replies: 3