Tp-link Kasa smart plug KP105 won't connect to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-09 10:06:53

I just bought this smart plug and am following the instructions on the kasa app to connect it to wifi. I'm getting to the part where the app finds the plug then finds your wifi network and asks you to input your wifi password.

From then on I am left with an endless loading page of 'Connecting your Smart Plug to your Home Network - This might take a few minutes to establish a connection.' (see image attached)

A few minutes?? More like a few hours! I literally waited hours yesterday and for NOTHING. I don't know what is wrong with it or what I can do to make it work. Can anyone help please or did anyone experience the same issue?

I read somewhere that the wifi encryption needs to be set to WPA or WPA2 PSK. Mine is set to WPA/WPA2 PSK.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tp-link Kasa smart plug KP105 won't connect to wifi
2021-04-09 10:49:08 - last edited 2021-04-09 10:49:54

@kenna178015 Hello, 

How about Led status when it stuck on the last step, it is Solid Green? 

If it is not Solid Green, please verify your Wi-Fi password by forgetting your Wi-Fi network on cell phone first :  
Go to Settings-> WiFi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's 2.4Ghz WiFi name  ->Forget / Delete the network 
Please reconnect to your router wifi and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

If so, please reset the smart plug and set up again on Kasa app, ( double-check the wifi password you put in )

Also turn off the firewall on router & Modem, and make sure there is not advanced settings that may affect the smart plug installation. 

If still the same issue, please reply to us with some details below, many thanks

May I know the model number of your Wi-Fi router and your network topology:

Kasa app version:

Model of cell phone & Android or IOS version of your phone: 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 832

Replies: 1