Kasa Spot Cameras (KC105) - 24/7 sd-card video recording skip chunks of time...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-14 10:49:09 - last edited 2022-03-31 11:52:22
Model: KC105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.6

I have four KC105 Kasa Spot Cameras that are all having the same issue. With 24/7 sd-card recording turned on, the recorded video skips random chunks of time - sometimes only a few minutes, other times it misses as much as an hour or more before randomly recording again. And it is totally random - does not seem to be connected to motion, time of day, sound, etc. And when I view the "timeline" while replaying recorded video in landscape, it looks a little like swiss cheese - random holes where it stopped recording. I've removed the sd-card with the recorded video and viewed via PC, verifying that the random time slots are truly missing and not just an issue with the phone app viewer. I'm on my third brand of sd-cards, all MicroSDXC UHS-I Class 10 for 4k video. I've tried reformatting the cards with the cameras multiple times, setting the video quality from 1080P to 720P - even 360P, turning recording off and back on - nothing seems to fix it. Has anyone else seen or reported this problem? Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa Spot Cameras (KC105) - 24/7 sd-card video recording skip chunks of time...-Solution
2022-03-31 11:40:03 - last edited 2022-04-01 06:13:22

@BarnCats @tomsspa 

Hello everyone, 

If you experience similar concern

•  please confirm Kasa camera and Kasa APP are both up to date.
  • Confirm SD card could be formatted successfully in kasa app (note , you may need back up SD card content on computer first before format )
  • Try a different SD card if you got one 

Please start a new thread and help with below case details so we could help look into that further. 

- A photo of your 24 recording SD card status 

- A video shared link of the issue & the photos showing clips are missing in 24/7 timeline

- model / MAC address of kasa camera (please share via private message )

- Kasa app version 

- SD card brand / model and capacity

- model of phone and its Android or IOS version 

Thank you. 

note:  this post will be marked as solution of this thread for user to check the information in full and provide feedback in the correct channel, thank you for your understanding. 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Kasa Spot Cameras (KC105) - 24/7 sd-card video recording skip chunks of time...
2021-04-25 03:49:56 - last edited 2021-04-25 05:57:22

@jnj91 Good day, 

Sorry for the late update, may I have a photo of your 24 recording settings & timeline of 2 cameras which lost chunk of time. 

Does all camera stop record for at the same time or different time?  Please show the exact time stamp when the recorded video discontinued, and so we could have a check. 

Is there any problem when watching live view on Kasa camera? 

Please help provide below info if possible :

1> Kasa app version (update to the latest version : 

2> Model of your phone & its IOS or Windows version :

3> MAC address of your Kasa camera 

At the same time,we'd like to follow up your case via email for further analysis, please look for email with forum ID ' 261094 ' in your inbox later, many thanks. 

Options
Re:Kasa Spot Cameras (KC105) - 24/7 sd-card video recording skip chunks of time...
2021-08-02 12:01:25

Try faster SD card. 

Another reason : you have slow internet. Even you might not using Cloud, TP link keep spying on you

Options
2022-01-11 04:17:37
I am having the same problem. 24/7 recording skips chunks of time, sometimes days at a time. KC105, hardware version 2.0, firmware version 2.3.9.
Options
2022-03-30 19:05:06

@jnj91 Has this been resolved?  I have the exact same situation, where I have three of the Spot cameras, and they all have periods where nothing is recorded.  I have class 10 SD cards, and have reformatted them repeatedly.  In addition to this, when trying to view previous recordings the app mostly just spins when trying to view the recordings.  Ironically, I also have a KC120 indoor camera, and it records to the cloud flawlessly, so I don't think it has to do with the wifi.

Options
Re:Kasa Spot Cameras (KC105) - 24/7 sd-card video recording skip chunks of time...-Solution
2022-03-31 11:40:03 - last edited 2022-04-01 06:13:22

@BarnCats @tomsspa 

Hello everyone, 

If you experience similar concern

•  please confirm Kasa camera and Kasa APP are both up to date.
  • Confirm SD card could be formatted successfully in kasa app (note , you may need back up SD card content on computer first before format )
  • Try a different SD card if you got one 

Please start a new thread and help with below case details so we could help look into that further. 

- A photo of your 24 recording SD card status 

- A video shared link of the issue & the photos showing clips are missing in 24/7 timeline

- model / MAC address of kasa camera (please share via private message )

- Kasa app version 

- SD card brand / model and capacity

- model of phone and its Android or IOS version 

Thank you. 

note:  this post will be marked as solution of this thread for user to check the information in full and provide feedback in the correct channel, thank you for your understanding. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-06-18 19:38:55

@BarnCats nope you're not alone and I've contacted them many times and every time they make it seem like it's only me having the issues. They say is your internet ok (even though it's to an sd card) which yes wifi is great. Then they ask what sd card, which is always good. Then they tell me to run an sd card scan on their program they have. After everything checks out perfect I get no feedback after. I just hate that they always say they haven't heard of the issue before when I see all over their forum the same issue!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1788

Replies: 6