RTSP feed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RTSP feed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RTSP feed
RTSP feed
2021-05-02 17:48:28
Model: KC115  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.6

Bought this camera primarily to connect to a system accepting RTSP or ONVIF feed. This camera appears to do neither unlike the Tapo range.

will this be implemented?

Options
4 Reply
Re:RTSP feed
2021-05-10 09:40:52 - last edited 2021-05-10 09:41:21

@Flump1971 Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback, unfortunately Kasa cameras do not support RTSP in its design we did not have plan for this feature either as evaluated by our team before. 
You may take a look at Tapo series cameras to use rtsp.

Hope this could help~  

Options
2021-08-14 08:16:50

@Flump1971 I'm looking to buy an IP camera which would stream its video feed over RTSP (without any form of encryption/auth). I'm writing an android app which can play the RTSP stream, just over a local network without the presence of internet. I'm aware I can just download an IP Webcam app to an android phone and make it stream over RTSP, but thats not what I'm looking for, I want a camera-only device which can serve the stream. Can you give me suggestions as to what options I have for buying?

Options
2021-08-14 09:39:29

@McGlynn  it seems all tapo cameras support RTSP feeds. I use the C200 cameras and they definitely have RTSP feed as I used it on zoneminder cctv software.

The method to set up the RTSP is on this page https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2680/

hope that helps 👍

Options
2021-08-14 09:43:12
Following my last post, although the stream is unencrypted you do need to have a user name and password as part of the network address used to connect to the RTSP stream but that shouldn’t pose a issue in terms of viewing it in an app.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3169

Replies: 4

Related Articles