Kasa Spot 100 Not Showing as Wifi Option During Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-14 19:42:53 - last edited 2021-05-14 19:44:29
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I previously had my Kasa Spot 100 set up and working without issue for about 10 months. I recently had it unplugged for about 1 month. When I went to add it back on, I erased it from my list of Kasa devices and reset it to start fresh. 

When I connect it to its power source and start the set up process, I am running into the following issue: the light blinks orange and green, I got to find it in my WiFi list to connect to the kasa device but it never shows up for me to connect to. The light continues to flash orange and green and makes a "clicking" noise about every 20-30 seconds but will not show up in my WiFi networks. 

I've tried unplugging it, resetting it, resetting my router with no success. I've added multiple other Kasa products to my network without issue and have run out of troubleshooting ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Spot 100 Not Showing as Wifi Option During Setup
2021-05-18 02:02:03 - last edited 2021-05-18 02:04:34

@Jplocins Hello, 

May I have a short video of the click sound? You could try suggestions here:

• Use tp-link original power adapter for tapo camera
  • Factory reset camera: with camera powered on, push the reset button for 15 secs
  • Check if Camera's default SSID shows up on your laptop/ cell phones

May I know is there any firm update failure or power outage that causes this issue? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 1

Related Articles